- India has it's first women President in 6o years yet, India's first woman IPS officer with near impeccable credentials is pipped for the top job in Delhi Police by a male two years her junior. (Link)
- The UPA government is planning to announce Sonia Gandhi's Birthday as Girl Child Day (Link) yet some women in a village in Rajasthan are not allowed out of their houses under threat of a Rs.10,000 because one woman married a man from another caste.
- When even women IAS officers don't seem to be safe from molesters (Link), no wonder then children continue to be sexually abused all over India (Link, Link, Link)
- We are the second most populous nation, we have 2-5% of our population suffering from AIDS, yet Sex Education is supposed to ruin our culture according to some. Killing the education bit won't reduce the propensity towards sex. But it just might end up killing safe-sex ignorant young people
- While an innocent Indian Doctor labelled a terrorist languished in an Australian jail for a month the Indian government did only lip service (Link), But in the past even foreign nationals convicted for waging war against the nation were pardoned and released on diplomatic pressure from other nations. (Link) Colonial hangover? When our government does little for the millions in India, what's one life in a foreign nation?
- 60 years after Independence, even though punishable under law, we still have child labourers and Manual scavengers (Link)
- The Taj Mahal was selected by a private foundation as one of the new 7 wonders a reason to rejoice? The Taj is surrounded by filth and is dying (Link)
thats only the part of reality that we r able to see, thanx to mass media... but dont worry content prohibition bill is coming up to curb that also
Post a Comment